Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tuesdays with Morrie

Salam alaik (^_^)


-Tuesdays with Morrie -
written by : Mitch Albom

At first, I wonder why it reached more than 11 million copies in print.
Is it too special?
Is it worth-reading?




and it just awesome!


I just collected some of the moments there...


The tension of opposites

"Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted."

"A tension of oppposites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle."

"Which side wins?"

"Love wins. Love always wins."


Narrated Abu Huraira:


Allah’s Apostle said, “If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel, saying, ‘Allah loves so and so, O Gabriel love him’ So Gabriel would love him and then would make an announcement in the Heavens: ‘Allah has loved so and-so therefore you should love him also.’ So all the dwellers of the Heavens would love him, and then he is granted the pleasure of the people on the earth.”[7]


The Culture

"The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves. And you have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn't work, don't buy it."

Love

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."

" We think we don't deserve love, we think if we let it in we'll become too soft."

But a wise man named Levine said it all right.
"Love is the only rational act"

"You didn't say much today"

"I think you have a lot to add. In fact, Mitch, you remind me of someone who also liked to keep things to himself when he was younger.'

"Me"

Self-pity

"I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all good things still in my life."

"Mitch, I don't allow myself any more self-pity than that. A little each morning, a few tears, and that's all"

His mother

" I lost my mother when I was a child.. and it was quite a blow to me.. I wish I'd had a group like yours where I would have been able to talk about my sorrows. I would have join your group because..."

'... because I was lonely..."

"Morrie, that was seventy years ago your mother died. The pain still goes on?"

"You bet?"

"What will you do without your mother? What will become of you?"

The death

"Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it. If we did, we would do things differently"

"Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live"


The detachment

"Ah. You're thinking, Mitch. But detachment doesn't mean you don't let experience penetrate you. On the contrary, you let it penetrate you fully. That's how you are able to leave it."

"Take any emotion - love for a woman, or grief for a loved one or what I'm going through, fear and pain from a deadly illness. If you hold back on the emotions. if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them-you can never get to being detached. You're afraid of the pain. You are afraid of the grief. You are afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails"

"But, by throwing into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely. You know what pain is. You know what love is. You know what grief is. And only that you can say. " All right, I have experienced that emotion, I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment."

Wash yourself with the emotion. It won't hurt you. It'll only help.

"All right, it's just fear, I don't have to let it control me. I see it for what it is."

Conclusion

The blue inks belong to the novel. Originally.
You find it similar with yours?

The only solution and remedy:

Back to Quran..

Wallahualam (^_^)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...